Care Home Payroll
Care home payroll in the healthcare industry whether it is a care home or nursing home often have their own complexities.
These include high rates of staff turnover, a mixture of weekly and monthly pay types, varying hours, overtime payments and expense claims.
We have a good working knowledge of the way care homes, nursing homes and private hospitals operate across the UK.
Payroll challenges these businesses have include: –
- High staff turnover – large numbers of low paid workers often means a high staff turnover.
- Foreign workers – dealing with employees from overseas can often cause issues with names, ID and bank accounts
- Bank staff – often a care homes will have a number of “bank staff” on their books who only work occasionally giving rise to PAYE complications, employment issues and P45 complications.
- 4 weekly payroll cycles – This sector often operates in 4 weekly cycles for management reporting purposes with resulting variable pay dates each month
- Management information – the profitability of a home depends on monitoring against tight margins. We can assist by providing payroll reports by departmental and role giving you exactly the payroll information that you need.
Our price allows for you to accurately budget your care home payroll. The price we quote has no extras or annual fees.
Our charges include: –
- No set up charges.
- Your own account manager.
- A dedicated team responsible for processing your payroll.
- Payrolls processed within agreed timetables.
- Secure processing of payroll data.
- Comprehensive payroll management reporting pack.
- Fully bespoke reports for your business if required including departmental reporting and pensions reports.
- SSP, SMP and all statutory deductions managed.
- E mail payslips, with your logo if required.
- Payslips can be posted if required.
- Free processing of all starters and leavers.
- Payment of employees if required.
- Payment of HMRC deductions such as PAYE / NI and Pension.
- Completion of forms including student loans, P45s, P38s.
- Filing of all in-year returns required by HMRC.
- Advising of monthly PAYE / NIC payments.
- All year end online filing.
- Auto-enrolment options including compliance services and employee communications.
- Liaison with the tax office on your behalf.
- General payroll advice and support for your business.