Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions – Highland Payroll Services
- The client accepts that the service from Highland Payroll Services (HPS) is delivered under these Terms & Conditions.
- HPS acts in the capacity of payroll provider on behalf of clients to its service. As payroll provider HPS is not a party to any employment arrangement entered into between a client and that client’s employees and is therefore not responsible for fulfilling any statutory obligation or making any payment required by statute that may arise as a consequence of the relationship between employer and employee.
- All pay periods administered by HPS will be based upon calendar weeks or calendar months. Other payroll periods requested by clients will generally not be accepted. Where employment starts or ends during a week or month the first (or last) wage slip processed will be to/from the date specified.
- HPS acts as a payroll provider only and will accept no liability or accept any responsibility for a client’s PAYE employer scheme and staff or the payments to HMRC in relation to that scheme.
- HPS acts only as a payroll provider to active clients. If a client is in a position of having no staff at a particular time, or instructs HPS that they no longer require payroll services, it is the clients responsibility to inform HMRC that we are no longer acting for the client in any way whatsoever. HPS will not accept any consequences arising from a client’s failure to notify HPS of their closing instructions.
- HPS clients are required to provide full and accurate information concerning their company and staff. HPS will not be held responsible or bear any liability for any consequences that may arise as a result of any incorrect information presented by a client.
- All HPS instructions will run for a minimum period of 1 month, The client will provide 1 months’ written notice of service termination. HPS will provide 3 months notice of termination.
- HPS payroll provider service is subject to a monthly charge. Clients are invoiced as per our individual agreement, this is calculated as per their payroll numbers and frequency. Payment is required within 7 days. Non-payment by the net terms date of each invoice will result in the suspension of any payroll provider services being provided by HPS at that time. HPS will not accept any liability or bear any responsibility for any consequences arising from the suspension of the payroll provider service.
- Where a client requires additional services, these will be charged at an agreed rate before work commences.
- HPS, upon request and for an additional fee, can produce a written contract of employment. The terms and conditions are to be agreed between the client and their employee prior to HPS preparing a written contract. HPS will not bear any responsibility or accept any liability for the terms and conditions contained within the contract of employment or their consequences.
- HPS requires all alterations to payroll to be received by the agreed deadline. After the deadline HPS will process payslips for the coming pay date as per the pay date instruction. Any instructions received after the agreed deadline where clients’ require amended wage slips may result in the client receiving an additional charge.
- Where information concerning changes in employment arrangements are provided late by a client, and especially where this results in a significant amount of extra work, HPS reserves the right, to charge an additional fee to cover the additional work involved.
- Where a client’s particular circumstances result in a significantly increased amount of work for HPS, subject to notification to the client, HPS reserves the right to charge an additional fee to cover such additional work. This would be advised in advance.
- In the event of a dispute arising between a client and that client’s employee, HPS will act on the client’s instructions. However, factual payroll information will not be unreasonably withheld from an employee who has a statutory right to access to their own PAYE records. HPS also reserve the right to advise a client, where that client’s proposed course of action in a dispute is in breach of their statutory obligations as an employer, and refuse to carry out any such instructions from a client if this is the case.
- HPS will not bear any responsibility for HM Revenue & Customs penalties or interest charges that may arise as a consequence of failure on a client’s part to make Income Tax and/or National Insurance Contributions liability payments due by dates notified to that client either by HPS or by HM Revenue & Customs, or as a consequence of the client’s failure to make information available to HPS which would affect or delay the submission to HM Revenue & Customs of statutory returns by the relevant due dates. HPS reserves the right to charge £5 to cover administration costs each time we receive on behalf of a client a Warning Notice of non-payment if Tax & NI from HMRC, or a HMRC debt recovery letter.
- HPS will not accept liability for overpayment or underpayment of wages incurred as result of an error in processing a client’s wage. It is the client’s responsibility to check payslips received from HPS to ensure that the information on them is correct.
- HPS will not bear any responsibility for HM Revenue & Customs penalties or interest charges which may arise as a result of employment arrangements existing prior to a client appointing HPS or for retrospective liability due or the consequences of late filing a declaration of retrospective liability where the client appointed HPS after the due date.
- While HPS will make all reasonable efforts to make clients aware of the Tax & National insurance implications of their proposed or actual employment arrangements under the PAYE system, HPS will not bear any responsibility for liabilities that may arise out of a client’s unfamiliarity with or lack of understanding of how the PAYE system works in terms of their own particular employment arrangements. HPS will not be held responsible for any additional Tax or National Insurance liability incurred as a consequence of the client’s failure to follow advice given by HPS.
- HPS reserves the right to alter, amend and re issue the terms and conditions under which it provides its service as a result of changes in UK or European Union tax or employment law or as a result of issues that arise in the course of providing a service to its clients. Clients will be notified in advance of any changes to the terms and conditions of HPS which affect them.
- HPS will only provide a payroll service subject to the regulations as stipulated by HM Revenue & Customs at the present time. This includes all staff employment regulations and rules governing Director PAYE status.
- Whilst HPS will take all reasonable care, HPS will not bear any responsibility or accept any liability for errors that may occur during the payroll provider service to clients, and/or after the end of a payroll provider service to clients with respect to carrying out the payroll provider service pertaining to end of year FPS submissions and its relevant forms, together with any liaison with HM Revenue & Customs on a client’s behalf.
- HPS will not accept liability for any loss or damage, direct or indirect, arising as a result of any advice by HPS or the services of any other organisation introduced by, but not within the control of HPS. When introducing any third party provider of services to a client, HPS will bring it to the client’s attention that such organisation is not controlled by HPS.
- HPS will not accept liability for any consequences arising from the failure to receive information from a client or of a client to receive information from HPS where such failure is due to a failure of the postal system/e mail or any other circumstances over which HPS has no direct control. Clients are requested to contact HPS if information they are expecting from HPS has not been received within five working days of it being due, unless they have already been advised by HPS of a delay.
- HPS observes a strict duty of confidentiality and will not disclose information held by it to any person without the client’s consent unless compelled to do so by law.
- Each party to this contract acknowledges that this contract contains the whole agreement between the parties and that it has not relied on any oral or written representation made to it which is not set out in this contract. This paragraph is not intended to relieve a party of any liability incurred for fraud.
- HPS is currently a trading name of Commercial Property Finance Consultancy Limited, registered in England number 3772879, whose registered address is 27 Manor Park Crescent, Edgware, Middlesex HA8 7NH
- English Law will apply to the terms & conditions and this contract.
Terms & conditions – Highland Payroll Services